Products Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna
Ministry of Finance, Government of India has approved the merger of Social Security Schemes viz., Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and Janashree Bima Yojana (JBY).
The merged scheme is renamed "Aam Admi Bima Yojana" and has come into effect from 01.01.2013.
Details of the scheme
1. Eligibility Criteria
- The members should be aged between 18 years completed and 59 years nearer birthday.
- The member should normally be the head of the family or one earning member of the below poverty line family (BPL) or marginally above the poverty line under identified vocational group/rural landless household.
2. Nodal Agency
"Nodal Agency" shall mean the Central Ministerial Department/State Government / Union Territory of India/any other institutionalized arrangement/any registered NGO appointed to administer the Scheme as per the rules. In the case of "Rural Landless Households", the nodal agency will mean the State Government/Union Territory appointed to administer the Scheme.
3. Age Proof
- Ration Card
- Extract from Birth Register
- Extract from School Certificate
- Voter's List
- Identity card issued by reputed employer/Government Department
- Unique Identification Card (Aadhar Card)
The premium to be charged initially under the scheme will be Rs.200/- per annum per member for a cover of Rs.30,000/-, out of which 50% will be subsidized from the Social Security Fund. In case of Rural Landless Household (RLH) remaining 50 % premium shall be borne by the State Government/ Union Territory and in case of other occupational group the remaining 50% premium shall be borne by the Nodal Agency and/or Member and/or State Government/ Union Territory
- NATURAL DEATH: Upon death of a member, during the period of insurance cover the Sum Assured of Rs.30,000/- under assurance, then in force, shall become payable to the nominee.
- ACCIDENTAL DEATH / DISBILITY BENEFITS: The following benefits are provided to members in case of accident, during the period of insurance cover.
- On death, due to accident Rs.75,000/-
- Permanent Total Disability, due to accident Rs.75,000/-
- Loss of 2 eyes or 2 limbs OR
- Loss of one eye & one limb, in an accident
- Loss of one eye or one limb, in an accident Rs.37,500/-
- SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS: Scholarship as a Free Add-on benefit will be provided to a maximum of two children of the beneficiary studying between 9th to 12th Standard @ Rs.100/= per month for each child payable half yearly – on 1st July and on 1st January, each year.
6. Claim Procedure
The death or disability claims under the scheme will be settled by the P&GS Unit of Life Insurance by making direct payment to the beneficiaries through NEFT or where there is no NEFT facility available then in such cases directly to the bank account of beneficiaries with prior approval from Competent authority the A/C payee cheque or claim can be paid by any other mode as decided by Life Insurance.
In the event of death of the member during the period of coverage and while the policy is in force, his/her nominee will have to make an application along with Death Certificate for payment of claim amount to the designated official of the Nodal Agency.
The designated official of the Nodal Agency shall verify the claim papers and submit the same along with the death certificate and a certificate that the deceased member was head /earning member of the family belonging to the BPL/Marginally above BPL family under the eligible occupations under the scheme.
Nodal Agency should submit along with the application, the following requirements:
- Claim Form duly completed in all respects
- Original death certificate along with a copy duly attested
In case of accident benefit claim the following additional requirements will have to be submitted along with the Death Registration Certificate:
- Copy of FIR
- Post Mortem Report
- Police Inquest Report
- Police Conclusion Report / Final Report of Police
7. Permanent Total Disability Benefit
The claimant has to submit documentary evidence of the accident, as also the Medical certificate from a Government Civil Surgeon or qualified Government Orthopaedician certifying permanent total/ partial disability due to accident, stating loss of limb/s of the member covered under the scheme.
Every member shall appoint a nominee to receive the claim amount after his death. Nomination form is a part of the membership application form and it should include particulars of the nominee to receive the claim amount. It should be ensured that this procedure is followed without fail so that there is no difficulty at the time of settlement of death claims. The Nomination form will be kept in the custody of the Panchayat/ Nodal Agency and shall be forwarded to Life Insurance along with the claim papers on the death of the member.
8. Claim Procedure for Scholarships
- The member whose child is eligible for scholarship shall fill up an application form half yearly and submit it to the Nodal Agency. The Nodal Agency will identify the students.
- The Nodal Agency in turn will submit the list of beneficiary students to the concerned P&GS unit with full details such as name of the student, school's name, class, member's name, master policy no., membership no. and NEFT details for direct payment.
- Every half year, for 1st July and 1st January, each year Life Insurance will credit the scholarship payment to the Account of the beneficiary student, by NEFT.
- Any other mode of payment of scholarships as decided by Life Insurance/Government may be applicable in future.
9. Occupations / Vocations Covered
|Sr. No.||Occupation||Sr. No.||Occupation|
|1||Beedi Workers||25||Food Stuffs like Khandsari / Sugar|
|2||Brick Kiln Workers||26||Textile|
|3||Carpenters||27||Manufacture of Wood Products|
|4||Cobblers||28||Manufacture of Paper Products|
|5||Fishermen||29||Manufacture of Leather Products|
|7||Handicraft Artisans||31||Rubber & Coal Products|
|8||Handloom Weavers||32||Chemical Products like candle manufacture|
|9||Handloom & Khadi Weavers||33||Mineral products like earthen toys manufacture|
|11||Leather & Tannery Workers||35||Transport Drivers Association|
|12||Papad Workers attached to ‘SEWA’||36||Transport Karmacharis|
|13||Physically Handicapped Self Employed Persons||37||Rural Poor|
|14||Primary Milk Producers||38||Construction Workers|
|15||Rickshaw Pullers / Auto Drivers||39||Fire Crackers’ Workers|
|16||Safai Karamacharis||40||Coconut Processors|
|17||Salt Growers||41||Aanganwadi Teachers|
|18||Tendu Leaf Collectors||42||Kotwal|
|19||Scheme for the Urban Poor||43||Plantation Workers|
|20||Forest Workers||44||Women Associated with Self-Help Groups|
|22||Toddy Tappers||46||Overseas Indian Workers|
|23||Powerloom Workers||47*||Rural Landless Households|
|24||Hilly Area Women||48||Unorganized workers covered under RSBY|
* 50% of the premium to be met by the State Govt